Monday, September 6, 2010

Dream of the Raven's Gate

I there anything sweeter in life than to travel with your eyes filled with the future, your hands held with care, your heart filled with love, and adventure yet to come?

I don't think so either.



Monday.


The rain soaked the world outside my window as I lay in the bed wondering how long I had until the alarm finally screamed at me from the bedside table. It was still raining when I rolled over to turn the still-silent clock off, and when I fell back to sleep in the pre-dawn darkness. That same darkness crept slowly across my bedroom and perched atop my dreaming brow.

"Wake up, child" It hissed And I opened my eyes on the far side of a familiar landscape clutching the Silver Key. I choked and gasped, but the dream held me and began to grow beyond the initial musings.

"Where am I?"
"Here, Child"
"Where? And who are you?" I demanded of the unseen voice. "What am I doing here?"
"A dream, Child. Your dream. And you hold the Great Key in your grasp. A treasure many would kill for" The menacing hiss dragged me along deeper into the spawning world around me. Hedges, rolling fields, intricate iron gates, each feature growing out of the nothingness that was before. My eyes brightened with the realization that this was MY world, and I could make it anyway I wanted.

...continued

5 comments:

  1. Well, looky there! A raven! It looks sweet up there!!

    Is this about lucid dreaming, or is it a metaphor? Or is that for you to know and us to find out? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Pick up key"
    Oh wait, too much Zork. ;-)

    Gina, LOVE the logo! :-D
    Martin, All the best adventures are TBC; it'll be fun to see where this leads. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... did you really post this back on 9/6?? I'm confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. something is wrong with the date. Looks like Blogger is Whacked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jen!! It was so fun to design. I heart Illustrator!!

    Hey, this can be like a newspaper story column or radio serial--tune in each week, boys and girls!! (:

    ReplyDelete