Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Look Back on a Short Break

"dark spirit rising
i swallow hard against it
i swore not again

1/11/11 12:20am"

For completeness of the record, this goes back up.  I had taken it down and discarded it, but figured that even the dark stuff needs to be recorded.  It was a tough time, and one I'd prefer to not relive... however, it does need to be remembered.  In the end, I did not let the dark spirit rise much further than the edges of the pit.  It felt like it would just come bursting out, but it didn't. 

In the same vein, I was going to take down Roku and Unexpected Win, but figured that they are as much a part of my Emotional Record as anything else I might own - They Stay. 

My life is complicated and traverses a long, winding road.  Your friendship, your companionship makes up for SO much.  And I treasure it. 

And you... Thanks for keeping this part of me safe.  If it weren't for you, it would have been lost forever.

But no more.

m
5-5-2011

2 comments:

  1. Always remember, always learn, and always know that there are people traveling that road with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause for keeping those entries in--they're part of your history, your story. Even if they're darker chapters, they still are part of the story and need to be included. They helped make you who you are today. And that's a pretty spectacular person. (:

    And what Jen said--absolutely!! (:

    ReplyDelete