Sunday, November 27, 2011

Beauty, Unchained



I bask in the fragrant decadence and stroke the desire as it lingers, fitfully, on my skin. The night air, itself, clings to my slumber-ridden mind, memories and thoughts of a life unfold in the spiraling staircase that leads to the innermost depths of my consciousness.  And at the bottom of those steps lies Beauty, chained, encased in glass, the poison apple motionless by her delicate fingertips. I know what must be done, and gingerly remove the apple from Her presence...Her voluminous hair spilling around Her smooth shoulders. Her skin like fresh cream, Her lips like buttered rubies. I lean in, filling my eyes and my heart with what could never have been had I not stumbled blindly into the trap that led me to this place.

I lean in slowly, realizing too late that the poison was not intended to be consumed, rather simply contacted by the unsuspecting victim. My hand, wretched with venom, burns as I lean in to kiss Her, a fairy tale in the making... She accepts my mouth hungrily, She takes my ache and makes it her own, She sings the song of Angels and Demons.  She rises from the case, hair blazing from Her head, eyes aflame with arcane power. Her voice, thunderous in my head as the poison works into my essence, echoes as she speaks my name.

"Daring to bring Beauty into this world takes courage, my love. It takes more than most are willing to give. You have sacrificed your flesh in order to summon me here, into your life. Your body will be reborn in time, but your soul, your wondrous and caring soul will forever have been touched by my kiss."

I feel the darkness claiming me, I feel cold and damp, but unable to warm myself.  I sense pressure all around me as I fall, headlong into the case. And in that place, deep in my soul, I become eternal. I become myth. And Beauty, unchained, walks in my stead.




(inspired by two simple words, and a life most fulfilling)
image is "Goddess 14" from magickalgraphics.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful... <3
    (As is the image)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Goddess, man...Bring Beauty Back. And you have, single-handedly. What resplendent imagery..."lips like buttered rubies", "wretched with venom", "I become myth"...Wordsmith, thou art replete with fire from the silver-tipped pen. A laurel wreath and a kiss on your brow.

    ReplyDelete