Sunday, April 27, 2014

April the Twenty-eighth

Listen closely and I'll let you in on a secret - someone has a birthday today.
Not just any someone, but a wonderfully delightful someone I adore.
A someone who taught me quite a bit about pieces of the world I never knew existed. A someone who let me see a part of the country I never dreamed I could see. A someone who let me know that having an opinion about art didn't mean that I was pretentious. A someone who saw things in my own world through new eyes, and discussed that in a way that sometimes challenged me, sometimes supported my own beliefs, and sometimes shared her differing opinions instead of nodding and smiling.

You see, there's this girl who I used to fly to visit. She's got style and a vibe that's not East Coast, not West Coast, and more than a blending of the two. She's charming and bright, and I love her.

If you see her today, wish her a very happy birthday.

She deserves happy days, because she helps make mine that way.

There are words, and there are silences, and there are smiles that don't need to be explained.  I'm grateful for all of those things.
And I'm grateful that I share them with her.

On her very special day, I'm happy to hold her hand and laugh with her.

I'm pretty sure she is, too.

Happy Birthday, Gina.
You are. And you know.
And that's perfect.

4-28-14

<3

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful words, my sweet. Thank you so very much for writing them. I cherish you so. I am, and I do know. <3

    ReplyDelete