Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Daughter

My daughter is a wonder to me.
She was a tiny little thing when I first met her, but she is no longer. She is growing into a fine young woman, one I am proud to know and even prouder to see that she is her own person. It's not easy to be an individual these days, but I continue to encourage her.

I hope she understands.

So, in light of her birthday, I thought I might share some memories I have of her:

The laughter that used to rise from her toes as I gave her monkey rides to the bedroom
Throwing her WAY in the air and catching her
Watching her act like an 'adult' when she thought nobody was watching
That time she 'burned the ice' (what a story!)
Her broken arm
The time she asked me to take her to the "Girls's Night Out' dance. The ONE time
How happy she was the day I adopted her
That first visit after the divorce
Playing Crazy Taxi with her
That time she named my dinner "Chicken Poop"
Her riding on my lap while I drove the tractor around
How scared she was when the horse freaked out
How scared *I* was when the horse freaked out
Helping Papa feed the bugs (She always had a little gleam when she watched a spider grab a cricket, tee hee)
Watching such a little girl carry wood to the pile
The lost note from school (well, there were a few...)
Hearing that she was a well-spoken student
All those times she climbed onto my back, around to the front, and back again - just like a monkey
Watching her from afar at gym, and knowing that my little girl is growing up


I am so blessed to have this young lady in my life.
I love you, Monito.

Happy Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment