Saturday, December 28, 2013

December the 29th

Again, the Wheel of the Year has turned. Today is a special day, though. Yes, Yule was last week, and yes, New Year's Eve is coming soon, but today is someone's birthday.

You know, it wasn't all that long ago that I started doing this little annual celebration, and I hope I've not embarrassed her, nor made her feel the fool in any of my blathering rambles. I love her.

Here, let me say that again:

I love you Jennifer.

You are so beautiful, so brave, so wonderfully YOU. I see mother and daughter, teacher and student, humble and proud. I love to hold you close and listen to your breathing, and I love that you are complex and intricate. I love the way you love me, and I hope to have many more birthdays in your eyes. In those gorgeous eyes. <3

Happy Birthday, my Jenny.


“May your sky always be clear, may your dear smile always be bright and happy, and may you be for ever blessed for that moment of bliss and happiness which you gave to another lonely and grateful heart. Isn't such a moment sufficient for the whole of one's life?”


― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, White Nights

My heart will be forever grateful for your smile.

<3

1 comment:

  1. And I love you. <3
    Thanks for giving me many reasons to smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete