Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dream of the Raven's Gate XII

The sea carried my body from the shores of Sanity. I felt the ebb and flow of the tide against my fragile mind.  Screams and furor filled my ears and my voice, shrill and broken, poured from my mouth soundlessly.  I was lost.

Green and slithering, His Voice poured into my hollow shell with all the fluidity of Virginia mud.  It's thick, viscous slime tainting the essence of what little self I had left inside the feeble confines of my consciousness.  It crawled like a living thing, it accompanied the taproots that bored themselves into my soul.  I floated along, unable to steer myself in any direction, unable to see my destination,  but feeling the pull of the deepening Madness. I was going to be taken there... to R'Lyeh... and I was going to become a servant to the Great Old One.  I could feel the changes being made to me as Karasu had been changed so long ago.

 Karasu.  I knew him, didn't I? My mind wandered to distant shores, to places I had never been, and to scenes I could not have witnessed.   I saw a ship thrown about in a raging storm, I was a great city rise from the sea and feel the terror of men over generations.  Karasu.  How was this finding it's way here, inside me now?   How was it that I could feel lost in eternity, yet tied to that foul creature?  He called me 'child'.  Why?  And where was that damned Key, anyway?  Where did I leave it? Where had it gotten off to?  Suddenly, I felt a great urge to find it.  I felt a powerful drive to seek out my Key. Now.  Frenzied I wanted to thrash, to flail against my mental bindings... to rebel against the power holding my broken mind in it's grasp.  A sound, not His, reached my core.  Three Caws. Again. And Again.  A crow? Here at sea? How... And my mind fell away into the depths of confusion.

Colors swirled against the sky, disjointed scents filled my nostrils, and non-rhythmic drums hammered against my chest. 
And again...

Caw. Caw. Caw...


<a noise like a muffled scream...>


continued.

1 comment: