Thursday, October 28, 2010

beyond midnight

the wind blows the leaves in circlets around you
and the moonlight ravages the lies

and the peace I found inside the dark

looks into my eyes and tries


for there in the deepest darkest night

just before the slumbering dawn

like a beast in skilled and ancient hands
my protective wool is shorn

and all the chills I have ignored

and all the frightening wind

grip my pale and trembling flesh
as I lie with you, my friend

for the calls I hear upon my heart

are dragging me from here

all the wind filling my sails

prove my skies are clear


but the swirling throb inside of me

and the hammering of night
point me to a darkened tomb
and do not make it right

under a moon of brightest white

I lie upon the earth

and in my black and twisted heart

your words still give me worth

1 comment:

  1. "like a beast in skilled and ancient hands
    my protective wool is shorn"...Like that line.

    ReplyDelete