Monday, December 19, 2011

Humming A Few Bars...



Towards the sky, my eyes lift
Into the empty blue
I remember your scented skin
I remember you
I see your smile from my warm embrace
While the air was cold
I listened as your voice sung songs
I listened to stories told
I feel your lips upon my slumbering skin 
Thick with love and dreams
I know what we want to share
I know what all this means
Coming again not soon enough
Your hand I long to feel
The presence of my love afar
The presence that makes it real

And yet once more, I turn to see 
A smiling, loving face
Again my heart is filled with joy
Again we do embrace
I missed you so while I was elated
My heart turned round and round
Wanting you with empty arms
Wanting you in tears I drowned
Two loves upon a leaping heart
One missed as one returns
Reveals the ebb and flow of us
Reveals what my heart learns
Day by day love marches on
Into the unknown start
Understanding more each passing day
Understanding the love in our heart

12-18-11



Another goodbye, another hello, and another time for reflection.  It's not easy, my friends.  It's far more difficult than one could imagine, but it is worth all the effort to be allowed to love these women...to be allowed that incredible gift.  

Such wonders exist in the depths of one's heart. Such amazing places.  I cannot express enough how perfectly loved my heart is, and how painful it can be to miss each love in turn. Easier to pick one, you might say.  I counter that the pain is worth it if the reward is the love of amazing, powerful, independent, and beautiful women the likes of which I challenge anyone to equal. These hearts are jewels, treasures each. They deserve to be heralded with trumpets and angels singing their names aloud. Such beauty and grace in each, such incredible tenderness, compassion, and understanding.  These are women worthy of gifts untold. These are women brave enough to withstand the doubt of the undiscovered, and bold enough to blaze a path unseen by so many.  

I love you both so very much.  

There is more to this song... I just need to find the right melody. 


(image was found here: http://valentine-cards.blogspot.com/2008/06/flying-hearts-in-love.html)

2 comments:

  1. And I love you so very much. You are a gift and a jewel, your own self. You also bring me gifts untold--the gifts of yourself, of your love. Thank you for gracing me and my life with your presence. "My gift is my song and this one's for you..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Goddess, do I miss you, too... <3

    ReplyDelete