Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fly. Be Free.

Today I caught your eyes
Peeking out at me
From the Liquid Crystal
So bright and so cheery


Inside I know the reason
Things are how they need to be
So I opened up my heart
And gladly set you free



No matter the size of the cage, it is still a cage.  Freedom must be whole, it must be complete, or it is meaningless.  The weight of captivity can drag the most stoic heart from the sky and grind it into the earth like broken glass.

The singing heart is caged no more, the bars are razed and the sky looms above without limit.  Now I watch the songbird take flight, steel against the blowing winds, and with but a quick glance back, off it goes.

The weight lifted at last. <3



"Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is. "
-Jim Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment