Saturday, November 20, 2010

Caught

I saw before the edge of all I know
A streaking trail no night could keep from me
My knees did weaken and my head lay low
Beauty blazing across the dark sky-sea

My hands for purchase doth greedily grasp
As blinding beauty to my eyes did greet
Fingers deftly closing with hopes oft dashed
Surprised when star's tail caught for a heartbeat

But writhe nor twist not this heavenly love
With quiet grace and beauty did she seek
To calm this mortal creature from above
Grant a heavenly kiss upon blush'd cheek

Celestial beauty snared in my heart
Shooting star wished upon to ne'er part

2 comments:

  1. My first ever sonnet. Saw shooting stars the other night and was inspired to wonder what catching one might be like. Thought a sonnet would fit best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it worked...iambic pentameter is a bitch

    ReplyDelete